Types of Nonpublic Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you that is provided to us by you or obtained by us with your authorization.
Parties to Whom We Disclose
For current and former clients, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our practice except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures include, for example, providing information to our employees, and in limited situations, to unrelated third parties who need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you (please refer to Third Party Verification Policies and Procedures). In all such situations we stress the confidential nature of information being shared, we cannot and will not share client names with other clients; your relationship with us is private and confidential.
Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Current and Former Clients’ Information
We retain records related to professional services that we provide so we are better able to assist you with your needs, and in some cases to comply with specific guidelines. In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with professional standards. Please call if you have any questions, because your privacy, our professional ethics, and the ability to provide you with quality financial services are very important to us.
A&E Tax Service, Inc.® will provide information on our clients to third parties under the following conditions:
- Written and verified instructions directly from client:
- The instructions must be in letter form, not email.
- The signature must be verified against existing signed documents on file.
- If no signed documents exist, the client must deliver the instructions in person and the identity must be verified by either a driver’s license or passport.
- Once the instructions are received, A&E Tax Service, Inc.® will respond within 3 business days.
- The requested verification will be sent to the client address that is currently on file. It can alternatively be picked up by the client only at our office.